AVALON 2023 BREAKS ATTENDANCE RECORDS
The Avalon 2023 Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition has come to a close after breaking attendance records across the board.
With 48,516 attendances across the three dedicated trade days, Avalon 2023 was 24 per cent larger than the 2019 industry event. This is in addition to a 14 per cent increase in the number of participating companies, to 794.
The global business event and public airshow ran from Tuesday 28 February to Sunday 5 March and saw
- Approximately 248,000 trade and public attendances across the entire six days of the event
- 48,516 industry day attendances (up 24%)
- 794 participating companies (up 14%) from 28 nations
- 281 official delegations (up 50%) from 38 nations including 22 Chiefs and 14 Representatives
- 59 conferences, presentations and symposia
Avalon 2023 attracted senior civil aviation, aerospace, space and defence industry, military and government decision-makers from around the world and provided a platform for industry at all levels to promote to customers, partners and suppliers with unrivalled access to the region’s aviation, aerospace, defence and space communities.
With it's range of indoor and outdoor displays, civil and military flying performances, conference program, networking and promotional opportunities, Avalon 2023 presented:
- Australia’s largest international aviation and aerospace industry exposition;
- Three sold-out exhibition halls;
- External industry and aircraft displays positioned throughout the 320,000 square metre exhibition precinct
(Equivalent to approximately 16 times Melbourne Cricket Ground’s pitch!);
- Four day specialist conference program, with presentations by Australian Association of Uncrewed Systems (AAUS), Australian Space Agency, Austrade, Royal Aeronautical Society, Department of Defence, CSIRO, Aviation Australia, United States Commercial Service, Royal Australian Air Force and Air bp among many others;
- Formal business to business and business to government networking programs;
- Australian and international defence, industry, government and scientific delegations including 56 International Principals, 22 Service Chiefs, 14 Representatives, 11 US Dignitaries, 3 Space Commanders and 6 National Armament Directors;
- Innovation Program incorporating the AVALON 2023 Innovation Awards worth $100,000 and PitchFest;
- Formal Careers and Skills events connecting industry with students of all ages to encourage STEM study and careers pathways;
- Daily networking functions and hospitality on the Corporate Chalet Line
- General Aviation and Aerosport Precinct
- Three day public airshow spectacular incorporating civilian and military flying displays, Friday Night Alight pyrotechnic show, live music and ground entertainment
- and so much more...
A biennial event, Avalon 2025 will be held 25-30 March, stay tuned for more information. Join our mailing list for the latest updates.